Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life in Boston

Important Translations:
  • Rotary = Roundabout
  • Thickly settled = This sign should read: We've jammed a ton of people into a small space and you can forget about parking your car here
  • Mass = Not a cluster or clump, but the state in which you are living
  • Breakdown lane = go ahead, drive in it
  • Road Lanes = Not visible and even if they were, they are just a suggestion
  • Turning Signal = Invitation to be cut off
  • Carpet = Nonexistent
  • Health Insurance = Mandatory
  • Gay Marriage = Legal

Observations:

  • One of the oldest states yet now is one of the most liberal
  • Out of state license plate will get you out of running a red light with a pedestrian in the cross walk and no drivers license in your purse... (No, Of course I do not know this from experience...)

A Few of My New Favorite Things:

  • This American Life
  • Siggi's Yogurt
  • Fage Yogurt (Thank you Alissa)
  • Coffee Break Language Series (Free Itunes Podcast)
  • Netflix (I know I'm pretty late picking up on this, but hey)
  • Dunkin Donuts Chai Tea- Its price tag of 2.33 definitely beats Starbucks
  • Stop and Shop- You can scan your items as you shop, how fun is that?!
  • JP Morgan's Kashmir Cinnamon Ice Cream

4 comments:

  1. So you checked out stop n shop huh? Shoot, I regret forgetting to do that while I was there. Was it fun? :] Hey, I bought some Fage yogurt and have been eating it every morning... Even Jason likes it! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely understand the netflix thing. I mean, in Texas, cost of living was so cheap it didn't mean anything to run to blockbuster or the theater to catch a movie for 5 bucks. East coast? Cheap entertainment is a necessity and an art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boston is such a cool place. Wish I lived there... I'm so glad you have a blog now! I'll definitely be reading it regularly. I've never heard of Coffee Break Language Series but I'm going to check it out right now. Again, it was so nice to see you. Call me when you're in Chattanooga again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh . . . This American Life with a cup of chai tea. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete