Saturday, December 20, 2008

Morning Surprise

This is what my house looked like when I woke up this morning!











And this is what our cars looked like (I didn't know that I needed to put my windshield wipers up so that they dont freeze to the windshield, thankfully someone helped me out with this...)








And this is what my back yard looks like! Notice the amount of snow on top the shed??!



Waking up after a snowfall feels like some secret occurred during the night. A beautiful and amazing secret that you could have only been privy to had you stayed up all night and watched it fall. Spinning its magic and turning your world into a white winter wonderland!

On a side note, I saw a little dog, whose legs seemed only a few inches in length, leaping and bounding through this snow this morning. There must be at least a foot of snow on the ground and he was enjoying every inch of it!

Monday I work 45 minutes (at a normal speed, not snow speed) from my house. It is currently snowing and it is supposed to continue snowing through tomorrow. I will let you know how that adventure goes. I am guessing it will take me at least 3 hours to get home Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't the snow beautiful? I just love it. It's too bad that I live in Tennesee. No snow here. The northwest is getting dumped on right now and I'm flying out on Friday! Last week Spokane got two feet at once! My sister and her family live there. This link is to a picture of their rat terrier trying to go potty outside. It's hilarious! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and be careful driving in the snow tomorrow!

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KBloA5f1F8M/SUq1_e0JKDI/AAAAAAAABPs/0DCNz5LvWsU/s1600-h/P1030160.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I kind of miss snow.....

    ReplyDelete