Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Ice Cream

Today I met my most feared adversary since moving to Boston, driving on snow/ice. Somehow this southern girl survived the drive. Work let out early and I got paid to slowly make my way home. After sliding around for what seemed like an eternity, and having multiple cars pass me, I finally pulled into my drive way.

Luckily Ty and I live within walking distance of each other, so I set out on foot so meet him in the middle. It was interesting to watch all of my neighbors dutifully out shoveling their driveways and sidewalks as the snow continued to makes its way to the earth. I wanted to tell them to let it be. To give it a chance to overtake our lives and make us stop.

We enjoyed a wonderful evening playing games and eating snow ice cream. If only more Friday evenings could be like this... Oh wait, they probably will be for the next 3-4 months. Gotta love New England ; )

1 comment:

  1. So Tyler found a place near you? Cool! Glad you both don't have to drive so far to see each other anymore.

    ReplyDelete